Monday, May 9, 2011

Here we go...

I have been contemplating starting a workout blog and today I have decided to give it a try.  I really enjoy coming up with workouts that are challenging and a bit different from the norm.  I am a Certified Athletic Trainer and have a good knowledge base but I pull ideas from alot of places and think I have found my fitness philosophy from filtering through many different resources. 
I want to help people reach their fitness goals whether that is losing weight, toning up, increasing overall fitness or gearing up for sports.  I am going to start posting about 3-4 workouts a week.  I am currently developing a workout series I call "Shredded '11".  It is a circuit type workout that is extremely efficient at burning body fat and building muscle.  Of course no workout is complete without proper nutrition so I will also add some tips on healthy eating throughout.  I would also love to hear from anyone else with questions, comments, critiques, whatever...

Here is the first workout (instructions below):


<><>
Day 1-Countdown*Increase weight every 2 sets
Walking Lunges10987654321
Standing Curls10987654321
Chest Flys10987654321
Box Jumps10987654321
Knees-Elbows10987654321


Knees-Elbows
*Use a weight that is challenging.  You may have to adjust as you go
*Do one exercise after another (circuit fashion)
*Your final 2 sets of each exercise should be tough!
*The harder you work, the more you will benefit

Modifications:
If you don't have a box, use a step.  If you don't have dumbbells, use books.  If you don't have a pullup bar, do mountain climbers

1 comment:

  1. great idea, j-dubs. officially have you bookmarked. look forward to your posts. and welcome to the blogger world. it's good times.

    ReplyDelete